Answered By: Nazi Torabi Last Updated: Feb 27, 2017 Views: 50
This is very useful if you need to divide your bibliography into different sections. You can create your bibliography categories when you first begin writing a paper or at anytime during a writing project.
- Open your Microsoft Word document.
- Select the EndNote X8 tab.
- Select the Categorize References from the EndNote ribbon to open the Configure Categories dialog.
- Create your categories by clicking the Category Headings (+) button to display a blank text field below the Category Headings section.
- Enter a unique category name. For example, enter 'Books' or 'Journal articles' as a category if you want all your cited references to appear under this category.
- Continue creating categories.
- Using the drag-and-drop method, drag a specific reference to the appropriate category under the Category Headings section.
- Continue this process until all references are assigned a particular category.
- Check the "Not Yet Assigned to a Category" section to ensure that all references have been assigned to a category.