Answered By: Nazi Torabi Last Updated: Sep 12, 2016 Views: 33
You can attach full text articles to a reference automatically for available PDFs. First step is to change the Preference setting for EndNote.
- Under Edit, choose Preferences
- Choose the Find Full Text option
- Add the following:
OpenURL Path: http://mcgill.on.worldcat.org/atoztitles/link
Authenticate with: http://proxy.library.mcgill.ca/login?url=
Second step is to start with the find full text option
- Click on reference(s) of interest.
- Under References choose Find Full Text (also right click).
- When the authentication page appears, if off campus, type in your McGill email address and password. Click OK. You need to authenticate only once during your session.
- An EndNote copyright box will appear every time you attempt to locate full text articles. Click OK each time this box appears.
- A search will begin. If the full text is found it will be added to the reference and a small paper clip will appear and PDF full text document will be attached.
Note: The success rate for finding all available PDFs varies and it is not 100%. You need to check the library system to see if you have access to more PDFs that software did not find.