Answered By: Michael David MILLER Last Updated: Sep 12, 2016 Views: 18
Answered By: Michael David MILLER
Last Updated: Sep 12, 2016 Views: 18
- Sync Library:
- Synchronize references (including attachments) in your EndNote desktop library your EndNote online library.
- Share Library:
- Allows you to share your library with other EndNote X7 users.
- Find Full Text:
- Searches online for the full-text article for the selected references.
- Find Reference Updates:
- Opens the Review Available Updates dialog where you can look for the latest updates to a selected reference.
- EndNote searches for and retrieves available field updates for the selected reference
- New Reference:
- Opens a new reference for data entry
- Local Library Mode:
- Displays automatic groups, custom groups, and smart groups, but not Online Groups.
- This mode keeps you from inadvertently downloading references found during an online search into your currently open library.
- This is the default mode.
- Online Search Mode (Temporary Library):
- Search and download references from online databases.
- In this mode, only Online Search groups are available.
- References are downloaded into a temporary library.
- They are removed from the temporary library when you close EndNote.
- Integrated Library and Online Search Mode:
- All groups and commands are available.
- When you download references from an online database, EndNote saves them to a group under the Online Search group set and to your open library.
- Copy to Local Library:
- In Online Search Mode, copy the selected records to your local library.
Source: EndNote Help
- Insert Citation:
- Insert a citation for a selected reference.
- Up to 250 consecutive citations
- Format Bibliography:
- Format your document according to your desired bibliographic style.
- Return to Word Processor:
- Return directly to your Word Processor.
- Choose your desired EndNote layout mode.
- Quick Search:
- Search within the references within your EndNote Library.
Source: EndNote Help
Below is a quick video from EndNote to help familiarize you with the Layout of your EndNote Library